Book Review: Where Did We Go Wrong? by Monica Mathis-Stowe
Author’s summary: In this newly released romantic suspense novel, best friends Gabby, Maxine and Joy protect each other at all costs, even if it means keeping secrets that turn their lives upside down. Gabby has no boundaries when it comes to getting what she wants. She pulls out every trick in the book to keep her daughter’s married father out of their lives but keep his money in her bank account, while Maxine lives for her family but when her husband’s excessive spending lands them in more debt than they can handle, the stress takes a toll on their perfect marriage. After Joy’s loyalty to her controlling mother causes her to lose the only man she’s ever loved, she marries a man she barely knows. When the wedding is over, she quickly realizes she made the biggest mistake of her life and it puts everybody she loves in danger. Unfortunately, someone will have to pay the ultimate price with their life.
- Book cover - 5 points
- Cohesive storyline - 5 points
- Spelling/Grammar/Punctuation (SGP) - 4 points - misspelled words, missing punctuation
- Character development - 5 points
- Credibility -3 points - Gabby is just unbelievable and extremely disgusting; before speaking with the author I was under the impression that the women were older, mainly because of the men in their lives; I was surprised to learn that the author was writing about women in their late 20s; that didn’t come across to me in the story, since their partners seemed to be so well-established in their professions; I also thought there was an overuse of name brands (Gucci, Prada, Jimmy Choo, etc.) throughout the book
- OVERALL: If you love drama, you’ll love this book. It’s a good read.